Contact me to discuss your treatment needs.
Numerous women choose massage to enhance their fertility alongside acupuncture, herbs, treatment with drugs or IVF. And although there are no studies yet to show the direct link between massage and improved reproductive health, there is good science to show the logical link of how massage can improve your fertility.
My massage techniques are specifically selected to heal, balance and nourish your reproductive system.
- Massaging acupuncture points/acupressure balances your body (much like acupuncture). Numerous studies confirm that when using herbs and acupuncture it is important to follow Chinese medicine principles and diagnosis 1 I utilise the same principles used in Acupuncture to harmonise your body and to improve fertility;
- Massage increases local blood circulation 2 ; I use techniques which specifically increase the blood flow to pelvic area, uterus and ovaries;
- Reduces stress3 : It has been confirmed by studies that stress increases risk of miscarriage 4 and may affect your fertility 5 . Specialised fertility massage helps to regulate your breathing 6 , stress hormones and reduce anxiety;
- With massage I can work on some acupuncture points that at times may be too sensitive for needling;
- I use special techniques on abdominal area which may help to break up the scar tissue and pull adhesions apart 7.
Any manual therapy including massage, osteopathy or chiropractic can help you to relax. But it is important that you choose a practitioner who has specific knowledge about reproduction, so that you can receive most appropriate treatment for your condition early on.